1. A note to my sons, nephews and their buddies – DO NOT under any circumstances date Mrs. Collier’s daughter.
2. On the same day as the scientific community announced this, there was this.
Which, perhaps, explains why some people still refuse to believe this.
3. The continued development of certain flavors of ice cream will greatly help me with weight loss.
4. Yet one more thing to keep me awake at night.
5. Lastly, it’s Olympic time again. The pomp and circumstance of the opening ceremony, the “Dream Team”, Phelps v. Lochte. They are but distractions. It takes a swimmer from Turkmenestan and the crowd’s reaction to her to remind us what the event is about. (Listen to the crowd as she touches the wall.)
One response to “Five Things from: July”
Hi Mike, I laughed so hard when I read the reasons why it is not a good idea to date Mrs. Collier’s daughter! I shared it with my friends.
Speaking about Olympics, to me, the greatest Olympian is Luz Long http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luz_Long (I learned of the name and story from a Chinese column). Long was the German silver borad jump medalist in 1936 when Jesse Owens won gold. “The hug, the camaraderie, the friendship of those two men [Long & Owens] at that time in history” has transcended the sport and inspired me. The “simple” act of a hug & friendship in a nation under the storm of hatred ruled by Adolf Hitler was an extraordinary act that deserved to be remembered.